nagu you seem to know japanese so well!! are you perhaps part jap?
Nope! I’m 100% Korean! I was self-studying Japanese until this September, and took an introductory Japanese course at the university this past semester, so all I know are the basics of the basics! like hiragana, katakana, and a bit of kanji > 3 <
the livestream yesterday was sooo much fun! i hope you do another one like that soon!!! how did you and namie become friends anyway? you guys are so cute gyaahhh <333
haha I’m glad you enjoyed it! I, a wooper, am Namie’s spirit animal- /gets hit/ Namie and I met through twitter! and we got along really fast lolol if you see us talking, we always talk in full capital letters due to our excitement ^ p ^
I have a good ouo real question I THINK... idk if someone answered it before >///<how did you make up your tumblr user name? and your dev username? XD
I think you’re the first to ask?? heheh appoggiatura is a embellishing note that comes before a regular note- I don’t know how to explain music in words haha so I chose the blog’s name “appoggiatura” because this is a blog that’s a step closer to an art blog or my gallery, and as a music student, I thought it would fit nicely :)
In terms of “Naguri”…when I first made DA, I wanted a unique name…and well, I loved raccoons when I was 14 (I still do, i mean, they’re cute… U//w//U) and Naguri kinda sounds like 너구리, which is Korean for Raccoon LOL
Continued from the previous secret santa post! because I don’t know how to put music + art in the same one
Naguri, I know that you like instrumental music so I decided to do a short improvsation on piano. Though there are mistakes, please bear with me, and I hope you enjoy it ;u;
Oh and thank you for posting Nuvole Bianche! Ludovico Einaudi is one of my favorite composers now! ;]
I WISH I CAN GO THROUGH THE SCREEN AND GIVE YOU A HUGE HUG Asdlfkjas;l
This is….so… gahs;dlfkj I’m so so so touched ahhhhhh and it’s a beautiful piece too!!!! Out of all instrumental music, I’m the weakest with pianos ajsd;lfkj I am so so blessed to be able to recieve something like this ahhhh <333333
BECAUSE I AM IN A VERY WINTRY MOOD RIGHT NOW here, have some more musicblogging.
Obviously this soundtrack had my attention from the beginning of the game, but listening to this track for the first time was probably when I went “whoah, oh my god, this is genius”. Probably because I’ve heard a lot of snow level-type music in other games that is really formulaic, like, with a bunch of light percussion like tube bells and chimes and triangles and whatever to create that same old generic lighthearted mystical winter wonderland theme. But nooooo, not this one.
The Paramina Rift is one of my favourite areas in the game, even though it’s pretty much rubbish for leveling up; it’s such a beautiful and harsh setting, with mountain walls rising all around you and casting these gorgeous dark blue shadows on snowy rock paths and frozen rivers. And I think this music flawlessly captures the majesty and danger of a mountain route. The melody is grim and driven and very lonely-sounding, but quiet and gentle at times too. I don’t think it could be an any more perfect accompaniment for that kind of scenery.
"Such a unique art style…so beautiful!!! and…Kai..sounds so cool and high class * p *"
2. Truth is: ARRRGH you have no idea how much your words meant to me during the times I was…not well ahhh ;sldkfj You are so talented and really, really mean so much to me! <3<3
3. How old do you look: YOU LOOK YOUNGER THAN ME FO SHO. ; 3 ; BABYFACE OPPA
4. Have you ever made me laugh: You never fail to make me laugh everytime we talk to each other on msn a;sldkj our conversations are just… priceless LOLOL
5. Have you ever made me mad: Well, not directly, but I was mad at the world when I couldn’t be there beside you to give you hugs and support ajs;ldkfj
6. Best feature: How independent and mature you are! compare to my…childish self, your thoughts and actions are really what I look up to! and ahh the atmosphere and colours you use in your paintings <3333
7. Have I ever had a crush on you:
8. You’re my: Lighthouse! In the depths of my thoughts-
I tried to be poetic like youuuu /weep/
9. Name in my phone: YOU ARE THE FIRST THAT I ACTUALLY HAVE ON MY PHONE
1. First impression: I found you first as a cosplayer and then as an artist so it went from “WAHHH She’s perfect in cosplaying- AND SHE’S AN AMAZING ARTIST TOO!!!!” i-i-i started off as a fangirl /sj;dlfk runs away/
2. Truth is: Everything mentioned above plus you have an amazingly wonderful personality, caring for other, and an unmatched sense of humour ehehheh
3. How old do you look: I think you look around my age!!! so 18~19?
4. Have you ever made me laugh: SO MANY TIMES AHAHAH I can’t count them all!
5. Have you ever made me mad: not mad, but uwahhh admireeee <3<3<3
6. Best feature: T-there are infinite amount of qualities I can list /weep/ the ability to stay true to your beliefs! your ability to tell a story in your artworks, and your friendly and cool personality! and many many moreee!
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: YES AHHH /clenches heart/
8. You’re my: Scarf in a cold winter night!
9. Name in my phone: Hmmm if I were to have you on my phone… it would be……
Don’t know what to do with your extra time? There are plenty of odd jobs and tasks that an illustrator can do in between assignments. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here’s a long list of projects, ideas, and necessary chores to help make your free time more productive.
Tell a Story
Many images are used to help a narrative, and as an illustrator it is important to keep developing this skill in your off-time.
Make a book cover for your favorite classic novel.
Create a series of illustrations that show the passage of time.
How long have you played piano/basson/clarinet? And do you still play them? :)
I played the piano since kindergarten, but I didn’t end up playing it as much after I came to Canada, so I’m really rusty! I started Clarinet in grade 7 for the school band, and have been playing it ever since. I own my own clarinet, so I play random songs on it whenever I get a chance~ I picked up bassoon in grade 11 because my band needed a bassoonist! I don’t own my own bassoon (since the cheapest ones go for around $3000;;;;) but so far it was my favourite instrument I picked up!